Some pics for guidance
1 tablespoon (spoonful) vegetable oil or butter
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup chopped onion (about a quarter of a medium onion)
1 cup white rice
2 medium tomatoes
2 cups water
1 chicken (or vegetable) cube
¼ frozen peas
1 small pot with a tight fitting lid
1. Place 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter in a small pot and set at high flame.
2. When it’s hot, add 2 smashed garlic cloves, ¼ cup chopped onion, and 1 cup rice. Have the flame on medium heat. Stir them around until they are slightly brown.
3. Then add the tomatoes, and leave for a minute or two.
4. Add 2 cups water and 1 chicken (or vegetable) cube.
5. Turn up the flame. Wait until the water boils then put the lid on and put the burner on the lowest heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure to keep the lid closed.
6. At two minutes till the end of cooking, add peas (optional). The rice should be soft and grains should open when it is done, cook 10-15 minutes longer if it is not.