Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, small chop
- 2 small garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 Russet potato, small chop
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 lb (16 oz) frozen spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/8 or less fresh nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- chopped parsley (optional)
1. In a medium pot, saute the garlic and onion in 2 teaspoons vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes. Then, add the potato and sauté another 2 minutes.
2. Add 2 cups vegetable stock, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the potato is soft.
3. Stir in the frozen spinach and warm soup to a simmer. Then, add 1 cup water and blend soup in a blender or with an immersion blender . Return the pot to the stove and heat thoroughly. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
To buy the Cuisinart immersion blender I recommend, click below
4. Serve with toasted pine nuts, fresh chopped parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil. Accompany with a side of toasted bread if desired, or homemade croutons.
For Superfood Soup Nutrition Facts, please visit Shape Up America!