The seasoning is essentially a dressing that you whisk up and pour over the hot popped corn. The lemon gives it a fresh punch and the olive oil is just enough so you don't crave any butter. With some herbs, spices, and sesame seeds, you think you are eating gourmet. Give it a try and experiment with other ingredients like grated pecorino cheese, balsamic vinegar, a teaspoon of honey in the lemon vinegrette, or a variety of spices like cumin or cinnamon.
If you have a hot air popcorn appliance, this is a very simple no-clean up recipe. If not, I would suggest buying one so you don't have to deal with hot oil and capturing popped kernels.
Ingredients (Serves 4, yields 8 cups)
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1. Whisk all the ingredients except the popcorn kernels and parsley in a small measuring cup. Set aside.
2. Air-pop the kernels and place in a large bowl. Whisk the seasoning and pour over hot popped corn. Toss to coat evenly. Top with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
For seasoned popcorn Nutrition Facts, please visit Shape Up America!