**Kid-Friendly extra nutritious food**
Easy Homemade Pasta Sauce (Makes about 5 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic (or 1 teaspoon minced in jar)
- 1/4 cup baby food carrot and sweet potato combined, or all of one
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 2 cans, 14-ounce peeled, diced tomatoes, no salt (or about 2 cups fresh, seeds and skin removed)
- 1 can, 6-oz tomato paste, no salt added
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 freshly ground pepper
1. In a large frying pan heat the olive oil and cook the onion on a medium heat until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for a few seconds being careful not to burn.
2. Then, add the remaining ingredients and simmer 15-20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Recipe adapted from, The Sneaky Chef, by Missy Chase Lapine