I have fond memories of these little pizzas. On Saturday mornings after soccer games, my mom and brothers and I would head to Grandma's house to cool down, relax, and eat! We had big appetites after those games. The quickest thing she could put together were these little pizzas (she still has no microwave oven and heats all her leftovers in the toaster oven for what seems like an hour). She would prepare them all on a baking tray and pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese was nice and melted. My brothers couldn't get enough of them.
I just used the toaster oven to make these pizzas, but you can use the regular oven too, it will just take a little longer. I added a salad to complete the meal. Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split
- 2-3 Tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2-3 Tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Side Salad
- 1/2 cup mixed greens + 1 teaspoon of dressing
1. Split the English muffin into halves and top each half with tomato sauce and cheese.
2. Place the mini pizzas on a sheet pan in a toaster oven for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly. For extra crispy, toast the English muffin halves first, then top with tomato and cheese, and toast again. Alternatively bake in the oven at 375 F for 10-15 minutes and place under the broiler to crisp up for the last few minutes.
3. Serve with a side salad drizzled with your favorite Italian dressing, or olive oil and vinegar or lemon to make a complete meal.