In 3 1/2 minutes, this little sweet treat is ready, compared to 45 minutes in the oven! I was doubtful it would work because I am not a big fan of the microwave, but I was very surprised. It is so simple and quick and looks luscious. It’s just apple, cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar. I love cinnamon; I wrote a report in college about its health benefits. It’s nice to indulge in a sweet treat that can be good for you too! I hope you enjoy this, you can get creative by adding some ground clove, nutmeg, or grated orange rind, and raisins or just keep it simple and elegant.
Ingredients (for 1 apple)
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter (I prefer vegan butter, like Earth Balance)
1. Peel and core apple. Don't worry, this is the most work you have to do.
2. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. Fill apple cavity with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Top with butter.
4. Microwave for 3 1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave, let rest for at least a minute and baste with juices on plate. Top with walnuts or other add-ins, if you like.