This is delicious bread. The fact that you can eat it for breakfast, dessert, or with coffee or tea makes it so versatile and quick to disappear. When we moved into our neighborhood, our new neighbors gave us a loaf of zucchini bread. Our family just couldn’t get enough of it so my mother asked for the recipe. Whenever I enjoy this bread, it is comforting and homey, and I remember their generosity. Hopefully, it can be the same for you. It is a simple recipe and it yields two loaves which are easy to store. The ingredients are simple, starting with zucchini.
Ingredients (Serves 18-24)
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease two 8 x 4" loaf pans.
2. Beat first 3 ingredients, then add vanilla and zucchini.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Stir just until all ingredients are combined, but don’t over mix.
4. Fill loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until wooden skewer comes out clean.
Additional information: also appropriate for Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian diet.