Ingredients (Makes 15, serves 7-15)
- 1 1/2 cup peeled, chopped small Granny Smith apples (About 2 apples)
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries (or frozen berries)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon plus 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 10 (9" by 14") sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- Nonstick butter flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In medium bowl, mix apples, blackberries, lemon juice, flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
|Cutting the apples smaller is better, so they don't poke holes through phyllo|
2. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface; lightly coat with cooking spray. Top with another phyllo sheet and spray top. Cut sheets lengthwise with a large chef knife into three 3-in-wide strips. Place 1 heaping tablespoon filling at the end of 1 strip, leaving space from the bottom. Fold one corner across diagonally and continue to fold onto itself to form a triangle. Fold like folding a flag. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and filling.