A French chef would never believe that you can make a luscious, silky smooth chocolate mousse without some cream or milk! I didn't believe it myself, until I tried it. The secret is to use silken tofu, a product you can find in the dry storage area or ethnic foods aisle of your grocery store. A great protein source, silken tofu not only provides you with more protein than cream, but a silky smooth body for your chocolate mousse. I encourage you to try this recipe and see if your children or friends know the difference!
Ingredients Serves 4 dessert size or 8 taster size
- 4 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coffee liqueur (Kahlua)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11.5 ounces silken tofu
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Melt chocolate and coffee liqueur in a water bath. Then blend all ingredients together. An immersion blender or food processor works best to produce the creamiest texture.
- Portion into fancy goblets or parfait glasses, garnish with fresh raspberry and mint leaf.
Shape Up America!