A great gluten-free and dairy-free dish with protein, these lettuce cups are not only packed with nutrients, but are fun and portable too! A simple pesto made with arugula and mixed with tuna and garbanzo beans makes this a gorgeous salad, that nestles itself in crisp butter lettuce leaves. The result is a great appetizer or perfect lunch. I hope you give this a try, especially when the weather warms up!
Ingredients Serves 4 entrée, 8 appetizer
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups arugula, packed
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 7 oz. garbanzo beans (half a can), rinsed well
- 1 can no-salt tuna packed in water
- 8-10 butter lettuce leaves, rinsed
1. Add all ingredients except garbanzo beans, tuna, and lettuce into a blender or immersion blender. Blend until herbs and garlic are finely chopped. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water or lemon if needed to blend this pesto.
Shape Up America!